Friday, September 6, 2013

4 Books for $3

The Jesus Creed: Loving God, Loving Others by Scot McKnight
This book comes highly recommended to me, though I've not read it. In it Dr. McKnight lays out a program of spiritual formation based on Jesus' own comments on the subject. McKnight has a gift for making Scripture come alive.

Mudhouse Sabbath: An Invitation to a Life of Spiritual Discipline by Lauren Winner
This is one of my favorite books. I appreciate Lauren's take on spiritual disciplines. I also appreciate how she lays out Jewish practices that can lead Christians to life in Christ.

Beyond Smells and Bells: The Wonder and Power of Christian Liturgy by Mark Galli
Mark is an insightful writer who has the ability to help one see the relevance of church's history. I recommend this book if you're intrigued by liturgy or turned off by it.

The St. Francis Prayer Book: A Guide to Deepen Your Spiritual Life by Jon Sweeney
This book is a wild-card. I've not read it nor am I familiar with Jon Sweeney. But I'm intrigued and I think you should be to.

No comments: